Ballet Theatre Houston will perform its 7th annual The Nutcracker at the Berry Center in Cypress the weekend before Thanksgiving. There will be evening performances at 7 p.m. on Friday, November 15 and Saturday, November 16. A matinee performance will be at 1 p.m. on Saturday, November 16th.
Reasons to see Ballet Theatre Houston's The Nutcracker.
- It's a classic. Many dancers , including our company members, first fell in love with dance sitting in the audience of "The Nutcracker."
- Cast includes the members of Ballet Theatre Houston who train at Studio of Dance yearround for this show and their spring performance. If you know them, you know how much effort they put into this.
- Plus, more than 30 younger friends and neighbors are joining in as mice, soldiers, party children and more.
- Amazing Guest Artists expected to perform include Brooklyn Mack, the amazing dancer whose thrilled our audiences time and again from The Washington Ballet; our own Heidi Karel Erickson now with City Ballet of San Diego; and others. It's a great way to start off the holiday season on the weekend before Thanksgiving.
- A great value! See a complete performance of The Nutcracker at a price well below a professional company performance.
- Wonderful way to kick off the holiday season with performances before Thanksgiving and at the same time and venue as Cy-Fair Sugarplum Market.
- Robert's staging and choreography are fun to watch. As one parent said, "Our child doesn't dance anymore but we come every year to enjoy this amazing show."
- Meet and greet our featured dancers after each performance.
On-line ticket sales are available now. Use the link beneath the slide show on our home page. There are also a limited number of group tickets available for Girl Scout troops and other groups of ten or more for $10 a seat. Call 281-444-4566 for more information.
Tue, September 3, 2013
by Jill Sod